Nexen continues to work with the Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) to ensure our reporting on activities associated with the Long Lake incident is aligned with the Environmental Protection Order.
Effective as of Wednesday, December 16, public reports will be posted the second Wednesday of each month by 5pm, starting January, 2016.
Update - November 3 - 3:00PM MDT
|Steps taken in the last month
- Completed water sampling to monitor chlorides
- Remaining shallow bell holes were removed
- Last recovery trench culvert was removed
- Pilot Plant liner replacement completed
- Submitted to the AER the Final Report required under the EPO
|Steps anticipated to be taken in the next month
- Pilot Plant Pond fence replacement to be completed by the end of November, temporary snow fencing has been installed as a wildlife barrier