|Steps taken in the last month
- Continued maintenance of wildlife fencing
- Continued work to confirm waste management and remediation plans
- Continued execution and waste management activities for removal of bitumen at the spill site, including off-site disposal
- Surface bitumen was previously removed from the spill site
- Remediation of the remaining bitumen in the underground impacted areas (bitumen seams along the produced emulsion pipeline trench south of the rupture excavation)
- Continuing with removing rig mats and any residual bitumen under matted roads
- Continued hauling and stockpiling peat at the release site in preparation for final backfill. Backfill commenced with approximately 70% completed.
- Continued maintenance of containment cells for bitumen removal
- Conducted flushing, pigging and inspection of produced emulsion line. Disposal of flushing fluid completed.
- Complete leak test of annulus between bulkheads at the pipeline rupture site
- Pilot Plant Stormwater Pond cleanout from waste storage activities completed. Liner replacement to be completed during warmer temperatures