|Steps anticipated to be taken in the next month
- Continue maintenance of wildlife fencing
- Continue work to confirm waste management and remediation plans
- Continue execution and waste management activities for removal of bitumen at the spill site, including off-site disposal
- Continuing with removing rig mats and any residual bitumen under matted roads
- Continue execution and waste management activities for remaining removal of bitumen at the spill site, including off-site disposal
- Continue maintenance of containment cells for bitumen removal.
- Continue replacement of peat material in release area
- Execute plan for monitoring of the spill site for spring and management at the release site. Manage spring run-off at the pilot plant pond and waste containment cell areas as required.
- Execute spring vegetation assessment field program with support from local stakeholders
- Begin site clean-up activities of area including fences, mats and other items used at the site.