A Day in the Life at Scott
Learn about life at Scott as Nexen employees and contractors describe their work environment on this platform in the UK North Sea.
Nexen in the UK North Sea: More than Buzzard
Nexen is a significant player in the UK North Sea with concentrated assets, infrastructure and exploration potential for future growth.
Ettrick & Blackbird
Originally discovered in 1981 and brought on stream in 2009, oil and natural gas from Ettrick is produced through subsea wells that are tied back to the Aoka Mizu floating production, storage and offloading vessel (FPSO), which is leased by Nexen.
The FPSO is located about 120 km (75 miles) northeast of Aberdeen in 115 metres (377 feet) of water and is designed to handle 30,000 barrels per day (bbls/d) of oil and 35 million cubic feet per day (mmcf/d) of natural gas. The Nexen-operated Blackbird field ties back to the Aoka Mizu FPSO.
Oil from the FPSO is exported via the Forties pipeline to the Kinneil Terminal in Scotland. Natural gas is exported via the Frigg pipeline system to the St. Fergus Gas Terminal in northeast Scotland.
Ettrick/Blackbird produced about 19,400 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d) in 2012 (15,900 boe/d net to Nexen).
Nexen Petroleum UK Limited has a 79.73% operated interest in the Ettrick field, with non-operating stakes owned by Atlantic Petroleum UK Limited (8.27%) and Dana Petroleum (12%).
Nexen Petroleum UK Limited and Nexen Ettrick UK Limited hold a 90.6% interest in Blackbird, with Atlantic Petroleum UK Limited holding the remaining 9.4%.
The Scott platform, which came on stream in 1993, produces crude oil and natural gas from the Scott, Telford and Rochelle fields. Scott is located about 186 km (116 miles) northeast of Aberdeen in 140 metres (459 feet) of water.
The Scott platform produced about 22,900 boe/d in 2012 (13,800 boe/d net to Nexen). Oil from the platform is exported via the Forties pipeline to the Kinneil Terminal in Scotland. Natural gas is exported via the Sage pipeline system.
Nexen Petroleum UK Limited is the operating partner of both Scott and Telford (41.9% and 80.40% respectively), with Dana (20.64% and 0.00%), Premier Oil (21.83% and 1.59%), Apache Corporation (10.47% and 15.65%) and Maersk Oil North Sea UK Ltd (5.16% and 2.36%) also holding interests in the Scott/Telford development.
Nexen Petroleum UK Limited is the operating partner of Rochelle with a 41% share, with Endeavour International Corporation (44%) and Premier Oil (15%) also having interests.