Nexen awards several scholarships per year to UK-based students.
Supporting Students in the UK
Nexen’s UK Scholarship Program was first implemented in September 2012. Each year, the company will award several scholarships to students enrolled in four-year bachelor degree programs in engineering, geology and business. Scholarships are available to UK-based students enrolled at seven universities across the UK. The award is based on academic merit and financial need. Each scholarship is worth £3,000 per year for four years, for a total of £12,000. Scholarships are administered directly by the universities on behalf of Nexen.
The universities and courses awarded are:
- Aberdeen University – Geology (one scholarship)
- St. Andrews University – Geology (one scholarship)
- Edinburgh University – Chemical Engineering (two scholarships)
- Imperial College, London – Geology (one scholarship), Electrical Engineering (one scholarship)
- Sheffield University – Mechanical Engineering (two scholarships)
- Warwick University – Finance and Accounting (two scholarships)
- Brunel University – Metallurgy/Material Sciences (one scholarship)
In addition, Nexen offers scholarships to students pursuing master’s degrees in Geology and Geoscience at the Imperial College of London and Leeds University.