Competitive Compensation and Benefits
We want to retain and recognize high performing individuals who help us generate superior results. Our pay-for-performance approach underpins our competitive compensation and benefits offerings that are designed to attract, retain and motivate the best and brightest in our industry.
Benefits - Employees select from varying levels of coverage for dental, extended health, basic life insurance, basic accidental death and dismemberment insurance and long-term disability. After making elections, excess funds may be directed to a health spending account and/or a flexible savings plan.
Pension Plan - We offer a competitive pension plan in each of the countries where we operate.
Company Savings Plan - Employees may contribute to a wide range of investments through a full-service broker. Contributions, up to a maximum amount, are matched by Nexen.
Other rewards include:
- An employer-funded health spending account
- Disability and sick leave benefits
- Life insurance
- Wellness subsidy
- Fitness centre access in most locations
- Housing assistance program (Fort McMurray)
- Emergency travel assistance (medical and security assistance)
- Employee and family assistance Program
- Vacation credit for prior related experience
- Compressed work schedule
- Flexible work arrangements
- Scholarship program for dependent children of employees
- Financial reimbursement for tuition
Employee volunteer program, which includes volunteer grants and paid days off to volunteer